This is a public discussion forum. You must contact State Unemployment authorities to get accurate & up-to-date information.

Can I collect unemployment if I need to quit my job to move to another state due to marriage?

+1 vote
asked Aug 17, 2012 in Move, Relocation, Multiple States by anonymous

3 Answers

0 votes
Are you married yet? More specifics would be needed. Usually quitting a job makes you ineligible (which can be cleared by earning 6x the weekly benefit rate you would have received).
answered Aug 17, 2012 by ked (54,010 points)
0 votes
When you quit a job, there is always a question mark!!!!!! This, would be up to, unemployment, to have, the deciding factor!!!!!!!
answered Dec 7, 2012 by Cynthia O'Donnell (2,830 points)
0 votes
It depends on the unemployment dept. and also your job (they have to speak on it as well to verify your reason for leaving)...

I definitely had the same situation, and I am qualitfied AND yes, I did get benefits.  It ALL depends on the situation, and if the unemployment dept. feels that you are eligible. Mine was due to quitting my job, and relocating, due to my husband being stationed in another state.

It never hurts to try.
answered Jan 28, 2013 by anonymous

Related questions